Clean Energy Hub Communications Coordinator Job Description
Clean Energy Communications Coordinator
ANCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. ANCA encourages applications from persons who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, as well as other underserved and underrepresented communities.
The Adirondack North Country Association is an independent, nonprofit corporation with a transformational approach to building prosperity across northern New York. Our work focuses on four key areas that keep wealth local and build prosperity: regional food systems, energy, entrepreneurial economies, and the Adirondack Diversity Initiative. We are committed to and include the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. ANCA is supported by a combination of public and private funding. Please see www.adirondack.org for more information.
Purpose of the Position
The position will support the North Country Regional Clean Energy Hub, a NYSERDA program designed to support residents and small businesses in engaging with clean energy technologies. We seek a highly collaborative, creative, detail-oriented, and skilled communications professional to serve as our Clean Energy Communication Coordinator. This person will support activities of the Clean Energy Hub, including developing a social media presence, website maintenance, content creation, graphic design, capturing photo/video, and assisting with other communications tasks as necessary. This position will also support general ANCA Clean Energy Team communication needs. The Clean Energy Communications Coordinator will report to ANCA’s Clean Energy Hub Director and will work collaboratively with other
energy team staff, Clean Energy Hub partners, and NYSERDA. The successful candidate may work out of ANCA’s main office in Saranac Lake, NY, or may work remotely with occasional in-person duties in Saranac Lake and throughout the North Country region.
The Clean Energy Communication Coodinator’s specific duties and responsibilities include:
● Develop a communications strategy for the North Country Clean Energy Hub
● Ensure NYSERDA approval of communications content
● Maintain and regularly update the North Country Clean Energy Hub website and the ANCA clean
● Develop and maintain social media channels for the North Country Clean Energy Hub and the
ANCA Clean Energy Program
● Capture photo and video content of clean energy related events and activities
● Collaborate with ANCA Communications Officer on press releases and ANCA-wide
● Coordinate with North Country Clean Energy Hub partners (Cornell Cooperative Extension of
Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties and SUNY Canton) to meet evolving communications needs
● Assist with outreach for events, presentation, and other education initiatives
● Utilize the statewide Clean Energy Hub network to learn best practices and identify possible
collaborations with other Hubs
● Tailor communications messaging to be most effective at reaching low-income residents
throughout the North Country
● Track energy and climate related events in the region and state
● Coordinate paid advertising as needed
● Stay current on clean energy and equity issues in the North Country and New York State
● Ensure all Hubs communications prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion
● Participate as an active member of the North Country Clean Energy Hub team, and collaborate
with other ANCA program areas when appropriate
Minimum Requirements, Additional Qualifications, Desired Qualifications & Skills
● Excellent writing, grammar, and editing skills
● Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through print and digital media, including
working with websites, desktop publishing, and social media
● Experience with building and maintaining websites (WordPress, Squarespace or other platforms)
● Demonstrated ability with social media marketing
● Ability to initiate, plan, organize, and implement informal and formal marketing and public
relations programs addressing diverse audiences.
● Demonstrated teamwork and experience in a collaborative work setting; Ability to maintain
transparency, honesty, and respect for coworkers.
● Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) values
● Ability to think creatively and strategically within the context of an evolving clean energy
● Ability to maintain professional relationships with various stakeholders including staff, program
partners, media, and government leadership
● Highly professional with a strong work ethic and ability to self-regulate.
● Multi-tasking ability with time management skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
● Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
Benefits & Hourly Rate: The compensation for this position is $22-24/hour payable semimonthly. Hours
are reported using the Paychex web or phone platform. Benefits include medical, dental and vision
coverage, as well as prorated vacation, sick and personal time according to ANCA’s personnel policy.
Employment: This is a .75 FTE position (30 hours/week)
EOE/ Diversity Statement: ANCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from
diverse backgrounds. ANCA encourages applications from persons who identify as Black, Indigenous, and
People of Color, as well as other marginalized communities
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls,
please. Please submit applications by February 21, 2023. ANCA’s office is at 67 Main Street, Suite 201,
Saranac Lake, NY. Learn more at www.adirondack.org.