After a three year hiatus, ANCA’s Clean Energy Conference is back! You’re invited to join ANCA and the Mohawk Valley Clean Energy Team for a gathering of stakeholders and innovators as we explore incentives and opportunities, as well as challenges, related to state and federal policies like New York’s Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act and the U.S. Inflation Reduction Act.
With a focus on elevating local interests and marginalized voices, we will explore how we can work together to meet climate goals while advancing a clean energy economy that strengthens businesses and communities across northern New York.
We hope you’ll join us at the Irish Cultural Center of the Mohawk Valley, in the heart of Utica’s historic brewery district, for this two-day learning and networking event.
Save the Date!
- What: Clean Energy Conference — The Climate Act and You: Maximizing Community Benefits While Meeting State and Federal Climate Goals
When: Thursday-Friday, June 1-2, 2023
Where: Irish Cultural Center of the Mohawk Valley, Utica, NY
Registration opens soon! Please stay tuned for updates.
Thursday, June 1, 2023
- 2:00-4:00 p.m. — Tour Brookfield Renewable’s Historic Trenton Falls Facility
- 5:00-8:00 p.m. — Reception with light refreshments at the Irish Cultural Center
Friday, June 2, 2023
- 8:00 a.m. — Registration and hot breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. — Welcome and opening remarks
- 9:10 a.m. — Clean Energy Sparks success stories
- 9:45 a.m. — Break; networking in exhibition halls
- 10:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m. — Breakout sessions; networking
- 12:15 p.m. — Lunch; networking in exhibition halls
- 1:30-4:15 p.m. — Breakout sessions; networking
- 4:15-4:30 p.m. — Raffle and closing
The 2023 Clean Energy Conference will focus on community benefit through implementation of state and federal legislation including the NYS Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) and the federal Inflation Reduction Act and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
Presenters will focus on community-scale challenges, opportunities and successes along the path to carbon neutrality. Topics include:
- Authentic stakeholder and partner engagement
- Embedding equity and justice in project design and implementation
- Community benefit from large-scale renewables
- Community-scale success stories
- Community-scale utility, state and federal incentives
- CLCPA working group updates
- NYSERDA Regional Clean Energy Hubs updates
- Clean energy in the public purpose sector
- Local electricity procurement
- Challenges and opportunities of building and transportation electrification
- Localizing electricity supplies
- Natural solutions for carbon sequestration
- Regional grid upgrades
- and more!
SPONSOR: Distinguish your business or organization as a true supporter of our region’s clean energy economy, while engaging business and community leaders from across New York State. Learn about sponsorship opportunities in the event prospectus.
EXHIBIT: Share your company’s products, resources or services at two prominently placed exhibition halls. Sign up to be an exhibitor.
PRESENT: Share your projects or opportunities with energy innovators from across the region. Submit an abstract to be considered as a conference presenter or workshop coordinator.
Banner photo courtesy of Northern Power & Light.