After a five-year hiatus, ANCA’s Clean Energy Conference is back! You’re invited to join ANCA and the Mohawk Valley Clean Energy Team for a gathering of stakeholders and innovators as we explore incentives and opportunities, as well as challenges, related to state and federal policies like New York’s Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act and the U.S. Inflation Reduction Act and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
With a focus on elevating local interests and marginalized voices, we will explore how we can work together to meet climate goals while advancing a clean energy economy that strengthens businesses and communities across northern New York.
We hope you’ll join us at the Irish Cultural Center of the Mohawk Valley, in the heart of Utica’s historic brewery district, for this two-day learning and networking event.
- What: Clean Energy Conference — The Climate Act and You: Maximizing Community Benefits While Meeting State and Federal Climate Goals
- When: Thursday-Friday, June 1-2, 2023
- Where: Irish Cultural Center of the Mohawk Valley, Utica, NY
- Cost: $150 regular rate; discounted rate for municipal staff*
* Municipal leaders and staff, please contact email@example.com for a code for discounted registration: $50 Early Bird, $75 regular rate.
Thursday, June 1, 2023
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. — Tour of Brookfield Renewable’s Historic Trenton Falls Facility
- 3:00-5:00 p.m. — Open house at NYPA’s Energy Zone visitor center
- 5:00-8:00 p.m. — Reception with light refreshments at the Irish Cultural Center
Friday, June 2, 2023
- 8:00 a.m. — Registration and hot breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. — Welcome and opening remarks
- 9:10 a.m. — “Community Sparks” success stories
- 9:45 a.m. — Break; networking in exhibition halls
- 10:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m. — Breakout sessions; networking
- 12:15 p.m. — Lunch; networking in exhibition halls
- 1:30-4:15 p.m. — Breakout sessions; networking
- 4:15-4:30 p.m. — Raffle and closing
The 2023 Clean Energy Conference will focus on community benefit through implementation of state and federal legislation including the NYS Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) and the federal Inflation Reduction Act and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
Presenters will focus on community-scale challenges, opportunities and successes along the path to carbon neutrality. Topics include:
- Small-scale hydro: the original renewable
- Stakeholder engagement: creating effective community partnerships
- Community campaigns: the next generation
- Fleet electrification: from planning to implementation
- Energy efficiency: so you thought you knew everything about energy audits?
- Workforce engagement: clean energy training through a community college model
- Grant writing 101: strategies to fund energy projects
- Community benefits: opportunities through the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL)
- Cap-And-Invest Program: Climate Leadership Community Protection Act (CLCPA) criteria for diversity, equity & inclusion and disadvantaged communities
- Community-scale renewable energy: plenary discussion
- And more!
Guest Speakers from:
- American Farmland Trust
- Brookfield Renewable, U.S.
- Cadmus Group
- Capital District Regional Planning Commission
- Clarkson University
- Ducted Wind Turbines
- Gravity Renewables
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council
- J&R Pierce Family Farm
- Mohawk Valley Clean Energy Team
- National Grid
- New Yorkers for Clean Power
- North Country Clean Energy Hub
- Northern Power & Light
- SUNY Morrisville
- SUNY Plattsburgh
- Transmission Developers Inc.
- Vermont Energy Improvement Corporation
Attendees will have the chance to enter an end-of-conference drawing for a number of outstanding raffle prizes. Thank you to the businesses and organizations who have donated raffle items:
- Adirondac Rafting Company: whitewater rafting tickets
- Bike Adirondacks: “Weekender” bicycle tour spots (photo courtesy of BikeADK)
- Experience Outdoors: zipline tickets
- Visit Oneida County: local products gift basket
- Otsego County Conservation Association: coffee shop gift card
- Patagonia: apparel, luggage and gear
- River Valley Regeneratives: bags of garden-ready compost
- Utica Zoo: gift basket
- Plus, an electric leaf blower, provided by ANCA!
Thank You to Our Conference Sponsors!
Distinguish your business or organization as a true supporter of our region’s clean energy economy, while engaging business and community leaders from across New York State. Learn about sponsorship opportunities in the event prospectus:
- Sponsor: Distinguish your business or organization as a true supporter of our region’s clean energy economy, while engaging business and community leaders from across New York State. Learn about sponsorship opportunities in the event prospectus.
- Exhibit: Share your company’s products, resources or services at two prominently placed exhibition halls. Sign up to be an exhibitor.
- Present: Share your projects or opportunities with energy innovators from across the region. Submit an abstract to be considered as a conference presenter or workshop coordinator.
- Attend: Register today to be a part of the conversation!
Banner photo courtesy of J&R Pierce Family Farm