Meet the CBIT Team
Center for Businesses in Transition (CBIT) Community Liaisons and Partners are on the road collaborating with other organizations to bring assistance to communities across northern New York. These individuals have a strong understanding of area businesses and are highly engaged in their local communities. They share co-working space with chambers of commerce and economic development agencies throughout the region; ensuring the sharing of resources, information and objectives.
2024 Community Liaisons
• Franklin County Economic Development Corp., Rachel Child
• Hamilton County Economic Development, Christy Wilt
• Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce, Denise Cavanaugh
• LivingADK, Dani Kieferbach and Steve Schanely
• Mohawk Valley Economic Development District, Inc. (MVEDD), Heather Devitt
• Naturally Lewis, Jenna Lauraine
• St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce, Ben Dixon and Laura Pearson
• Saranac Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, Rachel Karp
• Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce, Matthew Courtright and Erin Mullen
• Greater Watertown-North Country Chamber of Commerce, Christina Shanley
2024 Lead Partners:
• Adirondack Economic Development Corp. (AEDC), Russ Kinyon
• Adirondack Park Agency Economic Services, Dan Kelleher
• Essex County Industrial Development Agency, Carol Calabrese
• SUNY Canton Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
• Onondaga SBDC at Onondaga Community College
• Ti-Alliance, Donna Wotton
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 891-6200, and we’ll connect you with a liaison or partner who can assist you with your business transition needs.
CBIT was established by ANCA in 2018 with grant funding from the Northern Regional Border Commission and has since been supported by funding from the USDA Rural Community Development Initiative, National Grid’s Project C, Franklin County Government Office of Economic Development, Adirondack Foundation and local business sponsors.