Are you dreaming of a home in the Adirondack North Country?
You are invited to join ANCA, the Cooperative Development Institute and local arts and community organizations for Dreaming of Home: A Community Art Project to Share Housing Issues and Cooperative Solutions — a multi-community art project that explores housing, housing insecurity and cooperative housing solutions for our region.
This project kicks off in Saranac Lake during the month of October 2022 and will expand to other North Country communities this fall and winter.
** Learn more on our event page and our Facebook event page.
Are you struggling to find affordable housing?
We know that finding quality, affordable housing is a struggle that many people are facing in our region. Community leaders and organizations are working on ways to help ease that burden for local individuals, families and employers. We invite you to participate in a community conversation that will explore an approach that is not yet fully developed in our region — cooperative housing.
On August 17 and September 21, ANCA and the Cooperative Development Institute (CDI) hosted learning sessions about an exciting opportunity to develop a cooperative housing project in Lake Placid.
Read about it in the Adirondack Daily Enterprise, Lake Placid News and Adirondack Explorer.
If you were not able to attend, you can view the recording here.
Who is the learning session for?
- People in need of affordable housing
- Individuals committed to community action and cooperation
- People eager to learn and interested in personal growth
- People who currently live and work or are interested in living and working in the Lake Placid region
What can I expect?
- An informal presentation about cooperative housing
- Information about cooperative housing opportunities in the Lake Placid region
- Q&A session about cooperative housing
Stay tuned for more learning sessions in the weeks ahead.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.891.6200 with questions.