Join ANCA, the Center for Businesses in Transition and partners for a conversation among regional financial institutions and economic development professionals about financing for worker ownership and supporting the growth of cooperative development.
- What: Lending to North Country cooperatives: a conversation about financing & the growth of worker ownership
- When: June 6, 2019, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Where: Lake Placid Center for the Arts, 17 Algonquin Dr, Lake Placid, NY
- Registration: FREE
Topics of discussion include:
- What is already being done in our communities around education and financing for worker ownership and cooperative development?
- How is the Main Street Employee Ownership Act being leveraged to drive additional resources and financing opportunities for worker ownership in the region?
- What resources are needed to further develop and expand opportunities for worker ownership in the North Country?
This conversation is intended for professionals engaged in banking, financial advising, small business support and economic development. Your interest, insight and input are much appreciated!
Please register by Tuesday, June 5, 2019. The event is free and open to the public.
Thank you to the following partners who are supporting this event and participating in the discussion:
Directly following this conversation, please join us for another special presentation — “Building Economies that Rebuild Community: A Bottom Up Strategy for Healthy, Resilient Places.” Author, activist and consultant Anthony Flaccavento will present.
This event is presented by ANCA, the Adirondack Nonprofit Network and Lake Placid Center for the Arts.
For more information and to register, visit adirondack.org/HealthyEconomy.